Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Funny Story...

Gracie LOVES popsicles. She can eat them all day, if we let her. The other night she decided to make a sign for popsicles...just in case she needed to ask for another one while she was already eatting one (She is always thinking ahead!). She came up to me and explained all of that to me while holding up her middle finger (that's her sign for popsicle). I tried really hard not to smile. It didn't work. Thank goodness Nels was home. I told her to go explain it all to Daddy, while I was trying to recover and sheild her little finger from the other kids :) Nels then had the wonderful opportunity to explain to her that we probably didn't want to go around asking for popsicles that way. She had plenty of questions, and I will admit that I loved watching and listening to Nels explain everything to her. It's always good for Dads to have that opportunity. He was good, he only cracked a small smile.
Next time you eat a popsicle, think about Gracie and how Nels and I are praying that she listened well enough and will remember what was talked about, because she was pretty proud of herself and her sign.

Does anyone know the real sign for popsicle? Maybe we should work on teaching her that. :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

From the mouth of babes!! I will definately use her geniousness to my advantage. :) Thanks for the encouraging words this week! We love ya.